Good Morning Year 1!
Happy Thursday everyone – I hope you’re ready for a lovely day! Today you have 4 challenges to complete. Please complete these and send me a picture via Seesaw.
Phonics – Challenge 1:
Consolidating our sounds!
Today you’re going to be focusing on blending longer words.
- Watch the video from Letters and Sounds.
- Write three words from the video.
- Come up with a sentence that includes one of those words.
Handwriting challenge: Complete a line of the letter ‘i,I’ both lowercase and Capital. Then think of two words with this letter at the start.
English – Challenge 2:
Listen to these stories – We will be exploring non chronological reports over the next week.
Watch story number 1 – The Dancing Tiger by Malachy Doyle
Story read by the Author himself – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZH_-Vpw2aI
Story read with the pictures in the book – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM8cw-J3t8Q
Once you’re done I’d like you to film yourself making a review of the story.
In your review of the story must:
Include the title of the story.
Include the author.
What is your opinion of the story? Did you like the story or did you not and why?
Maths – Challenge 3:
To apply knowledge of number bonds
You will be using your knowledge of number bonds to help work out mathematical questions between the numbers 50 and 100.
- Follow the Oak Academy video
- Find the resources on the powerpoint.
- Either use the worksheet or a physical object.
To extend your learning find and play a maths game on TopMarks:
Science – Challenge 4:
Finding features that classify a Reptile.
To complete this challenge – create a mind map that describes some of the unique features of a Reptile. Use the video to help you research the answers.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITrRMiQB8g4
There is a template on the powerpoint to follow.
I can’t wait to see all your wonderful work!
Mr Arter and the rest of the Year 1 team.
1. Please add the date to the top of your page when you start any work.
2. Please take pictures and post it on See Saw so I can see the wonderful work.
3. Please contact the school if you need any help.
4. Have Fun.