The children are very important at our school and we value their ideas and opinions. To this end we want to give them opportunities to share their thoughts on school issues.
The main aim of the School Parliament is to help to make our school a better place and to give us an opportunity to have our ideas and opinions heard.
What is our School Parliament for?
The School Parliament is about:
- Working and learning together
- Learning about democracy
- Learning how to play a positive role model in our community
- Improving our school for everyone.
- Cherish everybody’s ideas and this is reflected in the work we do.
- Set good examples and make everyone feel safe and happy.
- We vote so that the decisions made are fair.
How does it work?
- Each class (Reception to Y6) elected a member of the School Parliament from their class in September.
- The School Parliament class member will hold a small class meeting to collect ideas once a half-term.
- These ideas will then be fed back to School Parliament each half-term for them to be discussed and actionned as necessary.
- Each member will then feed back the decisions made in class.